On Feb. 23, 2015, Wonderment Media, Inc. (WMI), will launch Apocalypse Weird (AW), an epic collection of multiple, converging story lines directed by an overarching narrative created by WMI. Leading authors of speculative fiction, specifically recruited by WMI, are building the AW world from the ground up, each with his or her own unique take on the apocalypse as it unfolds in his or her reality.
WMI will kick off its game-changing venture by launching five Apocalypse Weird novels at the same time.
- Texocalypse Now by Michael Bunker and Nick Cole,
- The Dark Knight by Nick Cole,
- Reversal by Jennifer Ellis,
- Immunity by E.E. Giorgi, and
- The Serenity Strain by yours truly.
Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of these novels are available prior to the Big Launch. ARC readers and reviewers will be eligible for some great prizes before and at the Facebook Launch Party (2/23, 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. PT). Come on out to the party–they’re always fun! (If you’re not sure what a “launch party” is, check out my explanation for the party we held in November for Tales from Pennsylvania.) Prizes for ARC readers and reviewers will include:
- Five signed paperback copies of Nick Cole’s Soda Pop Soldier for the review voted most helpful on Amazon by midnight on February 23. There will be one prize per launch book.
- Three paperback copies of Texocalypse Now signed by Nick Cole and Michael Bunker. To be eligible, ARC readers must post their favorite excerpt from one of the launch novels on Facebook and/or Twitter and tag the author in the week leading up to the Launch Party.
- A signed copy of the pirated print version of Osage Two Diamonds, by Michael Bunker (shhh…it officially doesn’t exist in print). This prize will go to the best review of one of the launch novels on Amazon as voted by the launch authors by 6:00 PT the day of the launch.
The grand prize is a Tier 2 contract to become a writer in the world of Apocalypse Weird. This prize will go to the best pitch for a novel set in the Apocalypse Weird world, as chosen by five launch authors at 4:00 PT on February 23rd. (Note: Purchasing and reading at least one of the launch books and demonstrating your author platform through sharing of information regarding the Apocalypse Weird launch books will be an essential part of developing a pitch.)
Interested ARC prizewinners will also be put in a drawing to receive book trailers developed by Apocalypse Weird authors Hank Garner and Kim Wells, as well as a podcast slot with Hank Garner on his popular Author Stories Podcast series.
Readers will be notified of ARC availability via the Apocalypse Weird mailing list. (Or you can sign up on the individual authors’ websites to get notifications for the book[s] you’re interested in via their websites above.) Make sure you’re signed up and don’t miss out on a single ARC. You can also sign up to receive updates by each of the individual launch authors on their websites.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Party hosted by the launch authors and many other Apocalypse Weird authors. There will be great giveaways and lots of apocalyptic fun to be had!